In my Healthy Nail Era
Our top 10 tips to having perfectly healthy nails.
A perfectly done manicure really is the self-care habit that will change your mood and help you GLOW UP! Whether you're headed to a dinner party, a job interview, or out with the girls, no one wants dishevelled nails.
Healthy fingernails are smooth, uniform in colour and free from any discolouration! No pits and no ridges are welcome here!
- Keep fingernails dry and clean
- Wear cotton lined rubber gloves when washing dishes, cleaning or using harsh chemicals
- Ensure your nail scissors are sharp, this will prevent splitting the nail when trimming
- Use Cuticle Oil daily. We mean it - DAILY!
- Maintain a healthy diet - key nutrients include Biotin (Vit B7), Omega 3s, Vitamin C & D
- If you are trying to strengthen or grow your nails, use Builder Gel XL
- Do not bite or pick fingernails and cuticles
- Avoid pulling hangnails, instead use cuticle clippers
- Be careful when cutting your cuticles, you should only be removing the dead skin
- Apply sunscreen to your hands daily, the tops of your hands are one of the first areas to show signs of ageing
Sometimes fingernails do develop vertical ridges or white spots, however these are usually harmless and eventually grow out. If you do have any concerns or long lasting nail problems please see a Doctor for treatment.