1. Apply cuticle softener along your cuticles and let it sit for 1-2 minutes. You can also soak your hand in warm water to further assist in cuticle softening. The softener is for people who have stubborn cuticles . Alternatively you can push your cuticles back on dry fingers- just be sure to be very gentle.
2. Using the esmio cuticle pusher, gently push the dead skin off your nails all the way down to your cuticles using a back and forth motion. Also ensure you push close to the side of your nails. The cleaner your nail beds, the easier the application for your gel and the better it will stick. Please note that you will have to do this every time you are prepping as the epicuticle (new skin) naturally grows on top of your nails when they grow out.
3. Use the blade on the opposite end of our cuticle pusher to scrape off the skin from under your cuticles.
4. Wipe off the remaining cuticle softener from your nail beds with a cotton pad or tissue. Now you have the option of (step 5) cutting away the excess dead skin and cuticles. If you are not comfortable with this option and do not wish to cut your cuticles, simply push away what is left and skip step 5 below.
5. Cut off excess cuticles with our cuticle clippers. Only cut away the lifted skin, cutting off too much skin can lead to nipping of your skin, and uneven skin regrowth.
- Your polish will begin to lift and peel off where your cuticles are.
- Your mani will look messy.